Thursday, May 1, 2008

Radio

Awesomeness. I wait, for hours on end, waiting for a song from my dearest band (read the About me to see which dear band this is), and turns out they didn't even make it to The Edge's Top 20 last night. I steam at that. Maybe I should phone up and vote too.

Super internet based radio show, the best one around so far and by far, not including Lily and Moria's iTeens show on Community radio, is Man of the Hour, from idobi.com, Fridays or Thursdays or some time... I shall add the specifics later, after consulting Casey who introduced them to me...
Man of the Hour shows are usually about a hour ish. You can download the podcasts for free on iTunes. The talkers are Patrick Langlois and Sebastien Lefebvre (please tell me how to pronounce these names, I crave French ability), Seb being guitarist and backing vocalist from Simple Plan, Patrick being one of the guys from Role Model Clothing Line.

They are actually cool people.

'If I catch you spamming, I'm going to gut you like the fish you are!'
Quote Patrick.
Joke:
3 guys are having dinner and complaining about their wives.
The first guy says: 'My wife is so silly! She doesn't have her driver's license yet, she doesn't have a car, and she bought these chrome rims the other day, for some wheels, which she doesn't even have, so we have these chrome rims just lying in our garage, how silly is that?!'
The guys all nod in agreement, but the second guy starts:
'Well, if you think that's silly, my wife and I are shopping around for a new house, because we live in this little flat, and she bought a huge hot water cylinder the other day, for no reason because we don't have a house to put it in, so we have this hot water cylinder just lying in our house not plugged into anything, how silly is that?!'
The guys all nod in agreement, but the third guy starts:
'Well, if you think that's silly, my wife just left with 3 other girlfriends to go on a holiday, and she bought this huge box of condoms, and she doesn't even have a penis!'

That was a David joke. Apparently. David Desrosiers, also from Simple Plan, bassist and backing vocalist.
Does my obsession with SP show through yet? :P

No comments: